Why Viral Plastic Bottles Are a Good Thing
While the problem of plastic pollution appears to be growing—at least people are taking notice, thanks to the efforts of artists all over the planet.
As we highlighted in a blog from last January, “3 Artists Use Trash to Create Awareness,” photographer-artist Benjamin Von Wong of San Francisco is one of many artists sharing the massive problem of plastic waste. Recently, I learned that the eye-opening video from his “Mermaids Hate Plastic” project went viral, garnering an impressive 1.5 million hits in a single day—so I had to share it!
And while we’re on the topic of creating awareness about plastic pollution, I couldn’t help but also pass along these 12 beautiful works of art, brought to us from plasticpollutioncoalition.org. (You’ll never guess who was featured at #3!)
- Experts Warn of More Plastic than Fish in the Sea | Norwex Movement
- 3 Artists Use Trash to Create Awareness | Norwex Movement
- Mermaid Swims in 10,000 Plastic Bottles
- How I made plastic pollution more shareable with a Mermaid and 10000 plastic bottles – 3/3 | YouTube
- Op-Ed: Mermaids Hate Plastic: New video gets 1.5 million hits in one day
- 12 Inspiring Works of Art on Plastic Pollution — Plastic Pollution Coalition