For as long as I’ve been with Norwex, our corporate anniversary always brings to mind just how very proud I am to be a part of this company. So, in light of our 26th birthday this month, I wanted to share a few of the reasons why I’m truly honored to call Norwex home.
1. First, our company was founded in Norway, one of the most environmentally friendly countries in the world. But more than just being the country where Norwex started, Norway has always maintained a special place at the very heart of Norwex. After all, the name “Norwex” comes from the words “Norwegian Experience,” and we look to Norway’s environmentally focused values to inform our legacy and expand our impact in all we do.
2. Steeped in our Norwegian roots and focused on our Core Values of Trust, Integrity and Respect, every day we live out our Mission of “Improving quality of life by radically reducing chemicals in our homes.” I can’t think of a more important Mission than helping families across the world transform their homes into Safe Havens, can you? And it’s incredibly fulfilling to witness Norwex Consultants and Customers paying that legacy forward as new generations also discover the value of reducing harmful chemicals in their homes.
3. Our amazing product line was born as a direct result of our Mission and our desire to create happier, healthier homes. We live up to our goal of reduced chemicals in every home by offering products designed to actually eliminate the need for harmful chemical-based cleaners. For example, our best-in-the-market microfiber is designed to remove up to 99% of bacteria from surfaces with water alone*—no need for bleach, ammonia or alcohol. Our Household and Personal Care products, including laundry, kitchen, carpet and bathroom products as well as a complete line of skin, hair and body care products, are also designed to reduce the chemicals that may be adding to Body Burden. Going a step further, many of our products even help reduce single-use plastic and paper waste in the home, too. Good for families and good for the planet!
4. Speaking of the planet, I’m also extremely proud of how Norwex as a corporation helps protect the earth. Our in-house recycling efforts, our Microfiber Recycling Program, the fact that we use recycled materials to manufacture some of our microfiber and the OceanBound Plastic we use to create some of our packaging—these are all important ways we help take care of our planet. Not to mention our partnership with the Washed Ashore Project and the Seabin Project, both allies in the fight against marine debris and ocean plastic, a huge problem in the world today. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention all the Norwex Consultants and Movement members and their families who are making a daily difference thanks to their small, conscious decisions to treat our world kindly. What an honor to be a part of the Norwex Family!
5. I also must mention the far-reaching impact of the Norwex Foundation for a Brighter Future. Every year, Norwex Consultants nominate programs in their communities that supply much-needed services. Since the inception of our charitable program in 2013, Norwex has been honored to donate more than $2,000,000 across the globe. And this year we were grateful to donate a million masks to healthcare professionals fighting the spread of the coronavirus. You can learn more about how Norwex supports brighter futures at www.NorwexFoundation.org.
*When following proper care and use instructions.
• 100% of the energy used in our U.S. Home Office comes from renewable sources, and orders are packed using 100% recycled paper.
• Since 2013, our recycling efforts have saved more than 26,000 trees!
• We have repurposed over half a million plastic bottles in our products—and counting.
• We’ve saved over 10.9 million gallons of water and more than 6.3 million kilowatt hours of energy—enough to power 532 homes for a year.
• When your well-loved Norwex Microfiber has come to the end of its life, it can be converted into clean, renewable energy through our Microfiber Recycling Program.
I so appreciate this company for the same reasons. Thank you for the reminders. We on Georgian Bay Ontario house the largest number of freshwater boating marina resorts in the world on the largest freshwater body of water in the world. I would love to see the Sea Bins installed in our area to protect our environment. Melissa Marchand has one of the largest teams and has built trust in our community to change the way people see our environments. We as a community would be more than happy to support the Norwex Movement.
Thanks Lu. Wow, Georgian Bay Ontario sounds like a great spot for the next Seabin! We’ll certainly pass this location on to our executives for the next time we sponsor another Seabin project. Did you know you can also sponsor your own local Seabin directly with the Seabin project? Feel free to crowdfund or get more information at: https://seabinproject.com/crowd-funding/ or https://seabinproject.com/the-seabin-v5/order-now/ Thanks for your suggestion!
Norwex is helping families take care of the environment. They don’t just talk they walk the talk.
I LOVE cleaning with water and enzymes, the way nature does.
Sorry to say, but I did not realize that Norwex is Norwegian! So happy to hear that you are saving trees and recycling some used articles. I love your products!
I keep sharing the Norwex mission from my small town in Michigan. My reach is everywhere in the US and I couldn’t be prouder of this company, what it stands for, and what it is doing to make the world a safer, cleaner, more enjoyable planet.
I love the Norwex core values and culture of integrity, trust and respect .
Been using the product since 2007 , it’s from Dauphin Manitoba my community,and I live now in BC . Being a distributor of the best mop system and cleaning cloths
I have a US consultant but have lots of friends outside the US do you ship outside the US ?
Hi Penny, what a good friend you are! Yes, there are Norwex Consultants in many countries. Your own Consultant could probably help you with that, or feel free to contact our Consultant Care Center at 1-866-450-7499 for more information.
Proud to be a small yet mighty part of this!♻️
The fact that it isn’t about “me” (us). It’s about preserving the earth on which we stand. Thank you for making the world a better place!
Norwex has a much higher purpose than selling stuff. Norwex is a company with Great products that do what they say they will do while taking it easy on you and the environment! I joined this company as a Consultant 7 years ago and I love showing the products to others and seeing their reaction – “wow really? just water?” Norwex is making a difference in the world and I am so happy to be part of this!
A true blessing to us! Thank you!!!❤️
I really appreciate my friends initiative to introduce me to Norwex. I am proud to say that I love Norwex Mission to improve the quality of life by reducing the use of chemicals in our home and personal care, reduce the use of single use plastic and recycling those plastic into a component of the microfibre cloth.By joining Norwex as a consultant, I then be able to contribute to their goals and share this to my family and friends.
Let’s do this! Please continue supporting Norwex and the Norwex Movement.
Thank you, Maricel! We are so glad you’re part of the Norwex Family and sharing what you’re learning with family and friends.
Does Norwex do testing on animals ?
Andrea, thank you for your question. The answer is no, Norwex never has and never will test its products on animals.
I didnt know Home Office Ran on renewable resources! That’s awesome! I so love this company
So glad I switched to cleaning with water, enzymes and microfiber.
Recently purchased Norwex cleaning products, specifically the cloths. I was so very disappointed to discover that they are MADE IN CHINA!!! I will not be purchasing any more!
Sharon, thank you so much for your comment. Yes, our microfiber is manufactured in China, as you noticed. Actually, that is the best place for us to create our extraordinary microfiber, as China is a world leader in the textile industry. We own our microfiber manufacturing facility there, which allows us to oversee production and to ensure the highest quality microfiber available anywhere. Norwex is also a member of the United Nations Global Compact, whose members commit to aligning business strategies and operations with Ten Principles on human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption (https://www.unglobalcompact.org/)