Welcome to the Norwex Movement

Earth Day Should Be Every Day

Earth Day Should Be Every Day

At NorwexMovement.com We Love Earth Day!

In fact, we believe every day should be Earth Day! After all, members like you are making small, conscious choices every single day to help create a better world.

So what better opportunity than Earth Day to applaud the actions you’re taking at home, in your car, at work, with your kids—all those little changes are collectively adding up to have a big impact! You’re living more sustainably to help conserve resources. You’re reducing chemicals in your homes. Forgoing that plastic straw. Recycling! And we love you for it!

Kudos to you, Movement members!

We want you to know that you are not alone. Our home office team here at corporate headquarters is right there with you. Recently we polled our internal staff to ask which planet-friendly organizations they support or admire (in addition to Norwex Movement) that are helping to make the world just a little better. So today, we bring you the results of our internal poll and invite you to share your favorites too.

Top 11 planet-friendly organizations as recommended by Norwex Movement Home Office Staff

These first three are brought to you by our very own TK, Director of Online Marketing:

  1. Heifer InternationalHeifer Project International is helping families around the world lift themselves out of hunger and poverty by providing training and livestock to communities worldwide.
  2. Rails-to-Trails ConservancyRails-to-Trails Conservancy is dedicated to creating a nationwide network of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors to build healthier places for healthier people.
  3. World Wildlife FundWorld Wildlife Fund (WWF) conserves nature and reduces the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.
  4. Texas Campaign for the EnvironmentGraphic designer Stephanie supports Texas Campaign for the Environment, a grassroots organization that goes door-to-door promoting the cleanup of Superfund toxic sites around Texas.
  5. Earth Day NetworkEarth Day Network is the selection of Teresa, our Director of Communications. She especially appreciates the organization’s focus this year on ending plastic pollution.
  6. The Conservation FundThe Conservation Fund was the choice of Web Developer Ceze. This group has worked in all 50 states to protect more than 7.8 million acres of land since 1985.
  7. Reverse LitterResearch Writer Linda likes ReverseLitter.com. “I just like the idea of their Ten on Tuesday campaign. Picking up ten pieces of trash each week is something practically everyone can do!”
  8.  The National Wildlife FederationSocial Marketing Specialist Brandon appreciates The National Wildlife Federation. He says, “They claim that 85% of donations go to conservation and educational programs, while the other 15% is sent to supporting services. They protect wolves, salmon, bison, and many others over 300 million acres of public and tribal land.”
  9. And International Production Artist Robin listed the following three organizations among her favorites:

  10. Green Empowerment partnersGreen Empowerment Provides life-saving clean water and renewable energy (electricity) to villages in the developing world. Projects are community-based, sustainable, and implemented by in-country, non-profit partners.
  11. The Ocean FoundationOcean Foundation We once believed the ocean was too big to fail. Now it’s overfished, littered with debris. Help us stop the destruction of this vital resource.
  12. Habitat for HumanityHabitat for Humanity International Sweat equity. Christian housing ministry working to end poverty by partnering with families in need to build affordable homes, stabilize neighborhoods, and preserve communities. (Note, Ceze also included this organization as one of his favorites.)

Thanks again for all you’re doing, every day, Movement members. We hope that sharing a little bit about these organizations inspires you even further!

comment_2Earth Day is Sunday, April 22. Is there a special group or organization you’re inspired by? Someone you’d like to publicly thank for the work they are doing? Just drop us a line below and let us know about them!


Will you participate in an Earth-friendly activity on Earth Day?

View Results
Total Votes:
View Poll

1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Lia Thompson
Lia Thompson
5 years ago

It makes me feel so happy that there are many people in the variety of charities working towards improving lives of people and animals 🙂