At NorwexMovement.com We Love Earth Day!
In fact, we believe every day should be Earth Day! After all, members like you are making small, conscious choices every single day to help create a better world.
So what better opportunity than Earth Day to applaud the actions you’re taking at home, in your car, at work, with your kids—all those little changes are collectively adding up to have a big impact! You’re living more sustainably to help conserve resources. You’re reducing chemicals in your homes. Forgoing that plastic straw. Recycling! And we love you for it!
Kudos to you, Movement members!
We want you to know that you are not alone. Our home office team here at corporate headquarters is right there with you. Recently we polled our internal staff to ask which planet-friendly organizations they support or admire (in addition to Norwex Movement) that are helping to make the world just a little better. So today, we bring you the results of our internal poll and invite you to share your favorites too.
Top 11 planet-friendly organizations as recommended by Norwex Movement Home Office Staff
These first three are brought to you by our very own TK, Director of Online Marketing:
- Heifer Project International is helping families around the world lift themselves out of hunger and poverty by providing training and livestock to communities worldwide.
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy is dedicated to creating a nationwide network of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors to build healthier places for healthier people.
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF) conserves nature and reduces the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.
- Graphic designer Stephanie supports Texas Campaign for the Environment, a grassroots organization that goes door-to-door promoting the cleanup of Superfund toxic sites around Texas.
- Earth Day Network is the selection of Teresa, our Director of Communications. She especially appreciates the organization’s focus this year on ending plastic pollution.
- The Conservation Fund was the choice of Web Developer Ceze. This group has worked in all 50 states to protect more than 7.8 million acres of land since 1985.
- Research Writer Linda likes ReverseLitter.com. “I just like the idea of their Ten on Tuesday campaign. Picking up ten pieces of trash each week is something practically everyone can do!”
- Social Marketing Specialist Brandon appreciates The National Wildlife Federation. He says, “They claim that 85% of donations go to conservation and educational programs, while the other 15% is sent to supporting services. They protect wolves, salmon, bison, and many others over 300 million acres of public and tribal land.”
- Green Empowerment Provides life-saving clean water and renewable energy (electricity) to villages in the developing world. Projects are community-based, sustainable, and implemented by in-country, non-profit partners.
- Ocean Foundation We once believed the ocean was too big to fail. Now it’s overfished, littered with debris. Help us stop the destruction of this vital resource.
- Habitat for Humanity International Sweat equity. Christian housing ministry working to end poverty by partnering with families in need to build affordable homes, stabilize neighborhoods, and preserve communities. (Note, Ceze also included this organization as one of his favorites.)
And International Production Artist Robin listed the following three organizations among her favorites:
Thanks again for all you’re doing, every day, Movement members. We hope that sharing a little bit about these organizations inspires you even further!
- Heifer International | Charity Ending Hunger And Poverty
- About Us | Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
- WWF – Endangered Species Conservation | World Wildlife Fund
- Texas Campaign for the Environment
- Earth Day 2018 | Earth Day Network
- About Us | The Conservation Fund
- Reverse Litter | Make the pledge to get your ten!
- National Wildlife Federation
- Home – Green Empowerment
- The Ocean Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity