No Straw, Please: A Progress Report
It’s only been a couple of weeks since I announced my plan to stop using plastic straws, but already I have good news!
- By eliminating single-use plastic straws from my own life, I’ve now saved about 10 straws from either the landfill or the recycling plant!
- And because my kids have also jumped on board with the idea, our combined total has blossomed to about 50 straws saved!
- If we keep it up, by the end of the year we’ll have saved about 350 straws!
Now this may not sound like a real big deal, but you gotta start somewhere, right?
As I posted two weeks ago, we have good reason to do everything we can to avoid single-use suckers like the plastic straw.
To put it bluntly, plastic straws suck.
That’s why I was thrilled to hear about a campaign from the Lonely Whale Foundation, called Stop Sucking.
- How to Make Plastic Straws Suck Less | Norwex Movement
- The 12 Most Astonishing Things that Harm Sea Turtles | Norwex Movement
- California’s Plastic Bag Ban: Myths And Facts | Media Matters
- Are Glass Straws the Answer to BPA Risks?
- Our Mission | Lonely Whale Foundation
- #StopSucking and Help Create a #StrawlessOcean | YouTube