Small, Conscious Choices Can Make a Difference!
As shown in this graphic from ResuseThisBag.com, plastic bags are a huge problem worldwide—and especially in the U.S., where more than 75% of all of the plastic bags in the world are used. The good news is that progress is being made to reduce this number, as evidenced by recent statewide plastic bag bans in California and Hawaii along with others in various cities and towns across the nation. There’s still a long way to go, however, to rid the country, and the world, of the silent strangler that’s littering our landscapes and choking our oceans.
Image Courtesy of ReuseThisBag.com
While the problem of plastic pollution is undoubtedly a big one, we at Norwex Movement know that small, conscious choices can effect enormous change, especially when we join efforts!
- One Green Planet: What’s So Bad About Plastic Bags?
- Movement Blog: California Votes to Ban Plastic Bags!
- Phys.org: Plastics in oceans decompose, release hazardous chemicals, surprising new study says
- Green Page: Bangladesh: world leader in banning the plastic bag
- Phys.org: Philippines financial capital bans plastic bags