Guests on the Way? Get Your Place Spiffed Up Fast!
We all know you should take a few minutes each day to clean up around the house to avoid having to clean for hours. But sometimes you can be caught by surprise by a call that someone is on their way over.
- Take a look at what the most obvious messes are from your soon-to-arrive guests’ point of view. Start at the front door, look around and follow the path you think they will take.
- Pick three surfaces to clean, grab a high-quality microfiber dusting cloth. You can keep the cloth in one hand while you pick up with the other.
- Grab a garbage bag or a basket.
- Pick up misplaced items, trash or recycling and put them in your bag; don’t worry about sorting now.
- Move things like toasters and other appliances that you aren’t using to a cabinet, wipe off the counter then move on.
- Straighten and fluff pillows
- Stack coffee table clutter so it looks more organized.
- Flip the blinds to hide any dust
- Turn off overhead lights and turn on table lamps
- Diffuse some essential oils or light a candle
If you have a few minutes to spare, try these tips to make your home feel more cozy:
And if you don’t have time to put away, just toss everything in the master bedroom—no one will go in there if the door is closed!